1-UIN-354 Robotics in Education (1)
Provides: RNDr. Peter Tomcsányi, PhD., Mgr. Martina Kabátová, PhD.
Form and extent of the course: Course - 2 hours per week
Number of credits: 3
Evaluation during the course: active participation, discussion
Objectives of the course: Students will
- encounter programmable LEGO Mindstorms kit;
- learn basic programming in iconic programming language Lego Mindstorms Education;
- measure and log data using sensors and NXT brick, process and interpret data;
- discuss possible use of programmable kits in various subjects at school;
- be presented by various projects and competitions using programmable kits;
- design own robots and solve robotic projects.
Brief outline of the course:
My first robot.
Programming in Lego Mindstorms Education.
- basics - robot movement, sensor data logging, input reactions,
- advanced programming - variables, parallel processes.
Data logging, measurement, experiments.
Simulations and models.
Robotics competition - design, construction, programming and documentation of robot for a given task.
Robotics exhibition - design, construction and programming of robot for a given theme.
K možnostiam RoboLabu. P. Cvik. DidInfo 2002, KIFPV UMB Banská Bystrica
RoboLab - mikropočítače v škole. P. Cvik. Zborník Infovek 2001, Stará Turá, 2001.
Introduction to Robotics. Carnegie Mellon University, Robotics Academy, 2006.
Roboadventures: the Good Life. Lego Mindstorms Educational Division, 2002.
Language of instruction: Slovak